quarta-feira, 18 de novembro de 2009

John Calvelli


Marco Ogê, Amery and John Calvelli at the IADE International Conferece (Lisboa 2009).
John Calvelli:
"I'm a designer, design theorist, and photographer. My work revolves around the role of images in culture, and the relation of visual form to social space. As a designer I want to define what a sustainable image practice might be; as a photographer and artist I question what images can do and how they might affect the world. A recent paper, Design, Designers, Designing Designers, and Redesigning Design: A Fable on Sustainment, was published by Visual:Research:Scholarship, the online journal of the Australian Graphic Design Association, and presented at the College Art Association 2008 annual conference. I've also practiced design at three museums: the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis, the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago, and The Museum of Modern Art in New York, where I was both designer and director. Since 2001 I've lived in Portland, Oregon, where I've taught design practice, art and design theory, and the histories of graphic design and photography."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário